Sahrani Defense Forces

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armed Assualt Realism Team

Engineer Equipment

Engineer Equipment Empty Engineer Equipment

Post  Guest Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:23 pm

--

Last edited by Sgt. Barry [SDF] on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Engineer Equipment Empty Re: Engineer Equipment

Post  Guest Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:43 pm

--

Last edited by Sgt. Barry [SDF] on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    Junior Sergeant

Post  JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF] Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:55 pm

do the mine clearence chains on the front just drag or do they actually rotate and beat the crap out of the sand?

BTW...all those vehicles are included in VBS2 :-P

http://virtualbattlespace.vbs2.com/
    watch the clip in middle of page called "VBS2 VTK Buffalo" and cry Crying or Very sad

Post  Guest Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:49 am

--

Post  Guest Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:54 am

--

Last edited by Sgt. Barry [SDF] on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:10 am

--

Last edited by Sgt. Barry [SDF] on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    Junior Sergeant

Post  JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF] Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:54 am

Part of my training included the crawling around poking the ground with a stick. I guess it was for worse case scenario, Bradley accidently drives into a mine field and you need to find a way out of it. You have to remove all metal objects and anything that dangles down, dog tags...your kevlar, upper BDU jacket, belt and anything in your pockets. Then crawl on your stomach which helps to distributes your weight, and shove a wooden pencil (take off the metal holding on the eraser) or yea if your lucky a stick into the ground. I can't rember exactly but it was something like, push in at an angle for 2 inches deep, every 4 inches apart. If it hits anything lightly scrape away surface towards you, so you don't disturb unchecked ground. Also learned how to disable one of the russian anti-tank mines but I can't think of its name either, was just some funky Alpha numeric type name. I'll check my garage, think I still have some documents and I'll copy them on scanner and post them for you.

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:36 am

--

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:13 pm