Sahrani Defense Forces

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armed Assualt Realism Team

+2
TSgt. Falcon [SDF]
JrSgt. Tim [SDF]
6 posters

Are we dead yet?

JrSgt. Tim [SDF]
    JrSgt. Tim [SDF]
    Junior Sergeant

Are we dead yet? Empty Are we dead yet?

Post  JrSgt. Tim [SDF] Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:40 am

So.. Are we dead? :O
    TSgt. Falcon [SDF]
    Lieutenant

Location : Belfast Aka Much better than shrewsbury because shrewsbury is a shit hole

Are we dead yet? Empty Re: Are we dead yet?

Post  TSgt. Falcon [SDF] Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:16 am

Im alive.... not sure on everyone else state of living though?

(Felt like I was getting a message from a time machine when I checked my emails this morning).
    JrSgt. Tim [SDF]
    JrSgt. Tim [SDF]
    Junior Sergeant

Post  JrSgt. Tim [SDF] Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:51 am

Yeah, I was suprised to see website still up and running? I mean, who's hosting it anyway?

Just being bored I felt like checking up some old stuff when I found the website alive :p
    nathhalls

Are we dead yet? Empty WHERE's THE LADS

Post  nathhalls Fri May 18, 2012 7:50 pm

hello anyone there, its nath and i went and brought a pc so its time to squat on a chair and shoot commies till 2 in the morning,its been years which is kind of a weird thing to say. but if any off you lads are still gaming then lets go play arma 2............when i get it. even if you moved on from staring at your computer screen until your eyes turn square, just drop a line and say how your doing......its crazy how the sites still up, i completey forgot about it, and all the old posts are still up, god i was a mong back then wasnt i, who the fuck says monner anymore. well better go to bed, swear ive had this computer 3 damn days and im already turning into a slob. if you dont get a reply of me for about 4-5 weeks its not me being a dick, ill just be away for abit, in a different country, and i never look at my emails unless im at home, but ill be checking the next 3-4 days. sound, happy hunting. p.s installed arma earlier, just drove around and looked at all the old places we use to hang shooting bad guys in the face..........is that fucking gay or what?????????
    Fritchman

Are we dead yet? Empty BOO!

Post  Fritchman Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:54 pm

affraid Holy crap I found the old site!!! Had to register a new account cause I have no clue what my login info was from back then! How the hell is everyone? At risk of sounding gay I totally miss my old battle buddies. I'm in the process of upgrading my computer to run the ARMA 3 alpha and figured I'd try and find anyone that still plays. Fuck it I'd like to hear from you even if you don't. Damnit I can't post my e-mail for 7 days cause I'm a new user but I'll set it to notify me of a response and I'll post contact info in a week.
    TSgt. Falcon [SDF]
    Lieutenant

Location : Belfast Aka Much better than shrewsbury because shrewsbury is a shit hole

Post  TSgt. Falcon [SDF] Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:49 pm

Just found my old account details anyone interested in gaming email me on peterryder9@msn.com or go to www.milgn.com little community I have set up there's no one in it but can be somewhere we move off from!
    Fritchman

Are we dead yet? Empty lol

Post  Fritchman Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:07 pm

lol I'm retarded and screwed up the milsim registration I'll try again tonight. I'm currently upgrading my computer to run Arma 3, I have the alpha but my old OS was having none of directx 11. I upgraded to Win 8 and went from 32bit to 64bit which wiped out everything and now I gotta get a new wireless adapter (my old one was like seriously 9 years old). So all said and done I should hopefully be completely up and running tomorrow.

Yea I couldn't believe this page was still up! Sadly I didn't get the e-mails about posts from Tim n Nath, you guys better get your gear together.
    TSgt. Falcon [SDF]
    Lieutenant

Post  TSgt. Falcon [SDF] Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:11 pm

Yeah same didn't get any notifications wish I had! I do laugh massively at this page it's from 5 years ago... The topic name makes me laugh greatly!

My computer doesn't really love arma3 gfx wise but it is pretty tasty! Will take some time getting used too if your about Friday early I'm having no pants day and playing arma3 most of the day I have been snowed under modelling bombs strikes in urban cities.... Long ass stuff!
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    Junior Sergeant

Are we dead yet? Empty booya

Post  JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF] Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Yeeaaah I remembered my password from 5 years ago! Reinstalling all the drivers and crap and gonna put Arma 2 and 3 on my system and I'll be ready to rock n roll. I've been checking out the screenshots and videos and it just taunts me.

Yeah dude Friday is a great day for gaming.
    TSgt. Falcon [SDF]
    Lieutenant

Post  TSgt. Falcon [SDF] Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:24 am

Same sadly if anyone ever finds out my password my online life is fucked.... Same for all my online stuff haha!

Friday sounds good also going to suggest Sunday but its st paddy s day but il probly not doing anything been on the straight and narrow for too long! So we could organise a session?

How much have you updated your rig you looking to run it good?
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    Junior Sergeant

Are we dead yet? Empty acc

Post  JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF] Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:59 am

So at 1am I got Arma 3 running and played till 3am when I had to pull myself away and go to bed so I could wake up early for work... ugh I feel like hell. Mixed feelings on the futuristic aspect of it but my god is it the most beautiful thing I've ever played. And the equipment! Putting mags in pouches, all the types of explosives, the environment, even the compass looks sweet.

So right now computer is downloading Arma 2 and tonight I should have OA and the expansions loaded.

As far as upgrading goes I changed from Vistas 32bit to Win 8 64bit, the guy I bought the computer from 3 years ago had 8 gig of ram installed into the machine scratch I have dual 9800gts but one of them burned out so I'll have to just yank them both and just put in a single better card, prolly in the summer. Right now the 1 card is working just fine and the 8 gig is crazy awesome but last night Arma 3 was beginning to get a bit sluggish when I was having a firefight and I was having one heck of a time trying to shoot moving targets.

Arma 2 was running great before with high graphics on 4 gig ram so I can't wait to see what it does on 8. I ended up loosing all my maps and mods for it though which makes me sad but I guess that means I'm compatible to play multiplayer. I put in hundreds of hours on Arma 2 and didn't play any multiplayer besides a little city life >.<

I'll be home on sunday as well, I've started home brewing beer so I have 5 gallons worth of dark ale sitting on my shelf and a Pandora radio station seeded with the Pogues and Darby o'gill so It'll be a good paddys day.
    TSgt. Falcon [SDF]
    Lieutenant

Post  TSgt. Falcon [SDF] Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:34 am

Sounds good man yeah I have that issue of firefight lag thankfully ai get supressed other I would be battered many times over! Yeah me and the guy who I play with aren't fans of the futuristic stuff gimme me a m16 iron sights any day over those weird things but I think it is a awesome game just for the alpha version can't wait for the full one I'm working on a couple missions for us to have a run about on which should be good! Hoping someone gets some normal weapon Addons out soon.

Homebrewing is the way to go sounds like you will have a good Sunday hahaha
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    Junior Sergeant

Post  JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF] Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:59 pm

I skipped going to the gym at lunch and ran home and played a little bit of Arma 3... it's sooooo good I can look past it trying to be Black ops 2. For fun I jumped on a wasteland server, I have no clue that the objective of that is but I was stalking an enemy player through a small town at night, hidding in the shadows as I snuck up on him it was fantastic. Then I fired my pistol and couldn't hit him to save my life >.<

I sent e-mails to Sperber, Tim, n Nath using their old contact info so hopefully those e-mails are still active and we hear from them.
    TSgt. Falcon [SDF]
    Lieutenant

Post  TSgt. Falcon [SDF] Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:15 pm

The addiction begins hahaha! Yeah I think the futuristic thing will disappear pretty quick with addons mods etc but it will work out I'm really looking forward to getting some games on the go!

Hopefully some of those lads get back in touch!
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    Junior Sergeant

Post  JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF] Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:28 pm

I've always been addicted, I just had my arma 2 modded up to the eyeballs so I could never play with anyone. Yeah I'm a fan of the low tech weaponry. You can put all the gadgets you want on a gun, and arma 3 is kinda cool with the customization but the sexiest guns all have wood somewhere on em.
    TSgt. Falcon [SDF]
    Lieutenant

Post  TSgt. Falcon [SDF] Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:35 pm

Yeah wished you had popped up on arma2 did you still rock the pink hair and tactical gloves? Yeah love the simple ones I remember you loved the ak-47u and you were scarily accurate with it!
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    Junior Sergeant

Post  JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF] Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:45 pm

nah arma 2 I was camo'd up and rocking either the OA Lee Enfield, a frenchie MAS-49/56 (vilas mod), or the Win Mag 300 (remington mod) when I was sniping. Or in Vietnam M60 all the way! cheers
    TSgt. Falcon [SDF]
    Lieutenant

Post  TSgt. Falcon [SDF] Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Hahaha rocking some serious hard hitting kit, m4 or 16 is my cup of tea. I think simple weapons will be great in arma3 with the customisation hopefully someone will be able to mod it so it remembers your customisation will be good for us squad based guys! Speaking of squads we looking at getting one sorted?
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    Junior Sergeant

Post  JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF] Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:54 pm

yeah AK was awesome same with with PKM but I remember it annoyed you guys because you thought an enemy was shooting at you whenever I engaged an enemy Razz

I'm all for signing up to a squad but I just wanna be a grunt. I think my stubbornness did SDF a disservice, I am an American a-hole after all.
    TSgt. Falcon [SDF]
    Lieutenant

Post  TSgt. Falcon [SDF] Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:03 pm

Yeah playing mind games all day long! Well yeah I've been chatting to a buddy and all we want is a community a group of guys we can kick back with a shoot shit with! With abit of structure in milsim style. As our lives can be pretty hectic hard to manage a big squad! Thoughts?
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    Junior Sergeant

Post  JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF] Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:15 pm

The setup an style of SDF was outright awesome, and we had a rigid structure but were pretty laid back group of guys. Problem with is that while a unit structure looks cool and works when everyone is there, when one of us was out it really affected the rest of the squad. Plus maybe you want to rock an MG one day and do some sniping the next, we sorta didn't let ourselves do that. Ranks was another thing I sorta didn't like looking back, they looks cool on a roster but the guys we had were great and I would have promoted guys like sperber up to general because he was such an asset to the unit.

I can definitely see the benefit of a loose group, because yeah sadly we have lives and can't live in front of a computer, stupid reality!
    TSgt. Falcon [SDF]
    Lieutenant

Post  TSgt. Falcon [SDF] Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:24 pm

You've nailed it on the head! Looking back SDF was awesome for 5 years ago but I think now we are more chilled out and ranks etc were just ways of keeping people happy and showing our appreciation but I think now I just want a casual groups of lads who know the need for structure so it doesn't go to shit but nothing to crazy! Yeah reality sucks at times ha but I think a mellow community like we have the right material for a awesome little group!
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    Junior Sergeant

Post  JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF] Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:01 pm

I just got home so Arma 3 time Very Happy
    TSgt. Falcon [SDF]
    Lieutenant

Post  TSgt. Falcon [SDF] Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:13 am

Lucky man indeed I was so tired last night had been working a solid 13 hours also my girlfriend is on a work placement up at 5:45am it just mentally destroys me! How did you evening of gaming go?
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF]
    Junior Sergeant

Post  JrSgt. Fritchman [SDF] Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:39 am

Oh it was sweet. I freaked when I saw a snake for the first time. I was on Armaholic looking for maps and I saw there is an M4A1 and an AK107 Addon already out, fully compatible with the in game weapon mods too. I wouldn't be surprised if the full game had the older (well present) weapons in it though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:36 pm